- M.A. (Cantab)
- M.Phil. (Cantab)
- Ph.D. (Cantab)
- Senior Lecturer in New Testament, University of Aberdeen, 2005-2007
- Lecturer in New Testament, University of Aberdeen, 2003-2005
- Research Fellow in Old Testament, Tyndale House, Cambridge, 1998-2003
- Affiliated Lecturer in Hebrew and Aramaic, Faculty of Oriental Studies, University of Cambridge, 1998-2003
- Research Assistant, the Semantics of Ancient Hebrew Database Project, Faculty of Divinity, University of Cambridge, 1997-1998
- Chair of the International Greek New Testament Project
- Member of the Translation Committee of the English Standard Version of the Bible
- Early Syriac Translation Technique and the Textual Criticism of the Greek Gospels (Texts and Studies; Gorgias Press, 2004)
- Studies in the Syntax of the Peshitta of 1 Kings (Monographs of the Peshitta Institute, Leiden 12; Leiden: E.J. Brill, 2001)
- P.J. Williams, A.D. Clarke, P.M. Head and D. Instone-Brewer, eds., The New Testament in Its First Century Setting: Essays on Context and Background in Honour of B.W. Winter on His 65th Birthday (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2004)
- Editor, Syriac Word Sources, Senses and Functions (Perspectives on Syriac Linguistics; Piscataway: Gorgias Press, 2009)
- Primi passi nello studio dell’Antico Testamento (Edizioni GBU, 2009)
- Curriculum Vitae
- ‘Alleged Syriac Catchwords in the Gospel of Thomas’, Vigiliae Christianae 63 (2009) 71–82.
- ‘Expressing Definiteness in Aramaic: A Response to Casey’s Theory concerning the Son of Man Sayings’, in Larry W. Hurtado and Paul L. Owen, eds., “Who is this son of man?”: The Latest Scholarship on a Puzzling Expression of the Historical Jesus (London: T&T Clark, 2011) 61–77.
- ‘“Slaves” in Biblical Narrative and in Translation’, in J.K. Aitken and B. Mastin, eds., On Stone and Scroll (Festschrift G.I. Davies; Berlin: De Gruyter, 2011) 441–52.
- ‘Not the Prologue of John’, Journal for the Study of the New Testament 33 (2011) 375–86.