In addition to being a residential research library, Tyndale House is committed to making biblical scholarship available and accessible to the church and biblical scholars around the world. We do this by providing electronic resources at no cost whenever possible. This includes means for writing and studying Biblical languages, finding primary and secondary literature, and studying the text in its original languages.
Learn more about our projects through the links below. We hope you can use these tools as well.
Free resources include:
- Tyndale Toolbar – find online books, read 70+ Bible versions, translation tools and much more. Tyndale Toolbar makes it easy to study ancient words, hunt down online books & articles, or simply read and study the Bible.
Download your own Tyndale Toolbar
- STEP: Scripture Tools for Every Person – STEP is Tyndale House’s ongoing project to make the best resources for biblical studies freely available to everyone who needs them. The goal is to make the tools capable of working on phones and low-spec computers (even with intermittent or no internet access). The STEP Project aims to grant all believers access to a wealth of resources previously only available to specialist scholars, and is being developed through the service of volunteers. Various skill sets are needed, from non-specialists who can work accurately and patiently, to highly skilled Bible scholars and programmers. See more here.
Download the STEP Bible to your computer.
- Unicode Fonts – Greek, Hebrew & Transliteration fonts and keyboards for PCs and Macs
- Bible Texts – Hebrew & Greek Bibles as Word documents, for easy searching and use
- Finding Sources – links to the best Biblical Studies and Theology sites and sources
- Finding Books – links to the best bibliography databases and catalogues for online reading
- Bible Software – links and introductions to the best tools for Biblical Studies, commercial and free
- 2LetterLookup – a quick-click dictionary for biblical languages including Hebrew, Greek, Syriac, Coptic, Arabic, Latin
- Lexicons – full-text lexicons for Biblical Languages which are faster to use than paper
- Tregelles Greek NT – a neglected influential and useful edition of the Greek New Testament